Terry stays as club captain


John TerryNew Chelsea manager Luiz

New Chelsea manager Luiz Felipe Scolari has confirmed that John Terry will remain as the London club's captain.

Terry has been the Blues' permanent captain for the past four years after being given the armband when Jose Mourinho took charge.

During his time as skipper, Terry has led Chelsea to two Premier League titles, a UEFA Champions League final and successes in both the FA Cup and Carling Cup.

Scolari will retain the centre-half as his skipper for next season, with Terry's England team-mate Frank Lampard as his understudy.

"I like him as a captain," said Scolari of Terry live on Sky Sports News. "I like him as a player and as a leader.

"Yesterday, he came to my room and he said I'm the captain John Terry and I said I know you and we spoke!

"The captain is John Terry and the second captain is Lampard, but we want more captains on the pitch."

Regarding potential arrivals at Stamford Bridge before the close of the transfer window, Scolari is keen to assess the players currently at his disposal.

He added: "I don't know now how many changes I need because I need to train and I need to know the players because when you are on the outside, you have one idea, but when you are inside this group, you need to know the group, you need to know the characteristics and quality.

"After this, it's possible to say how many changes I want or we need, or we do not need."

0 comments: